Sep 12, 2012

Teach Learners to Learn???

Teaching the learners to learn is old philosophy.
Teaching the learners to unlearn is a new way out for peace.
Says my little confused brain.
Teaching and learning hasn't brought any significant development in human kind.
To teach unlearning, teacher unlearning is important(After all, teacher is a role model).

The following poem was written by an unknown monk living in the 11th century. It's relevance to today is, however, undiminished.
When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world.
I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation.
When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn't change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world.
It reminds me of this wonderful quote by an 8th century monk, Meister Eckhart, "Only the hand that erases can write the true thing." 
                                                                                                                                 http://www.unlearning101.com/
Learning is bad for health as it makes you thinner and thinker.
Learning is bad for wealth as it makes your desires and cravings more visible.
Learning is bad for growth as it pulls you down by showing that you are still lower than others.
Learning is bad for as it erodes the gum.
Learning is bad for safety as it would chalk out the lurking danger of you being there.
It is the learning (it is not difficult to see) that makes you not you. When you are not you, you are someone, then you are a fake. Reality doesn't exist in us. 
So, unlearning may help us gain the real self identity. Unlearning may help every one become more realistic, human and humane. 
My idea for unlearning is 21st century education. 
Let teachers stop teaching. Let teachers start collaborating, cooperating, sky-ping, go-ogling, mood-ling, clouding, formatting.
Formatting the virus infected teaching may be a good  action taken for the whole  health of the new learner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say, please