Sep 17, 2012

My Becoming a Teacher


Teaching is a least opted job.
Growing up, I never wanted me, my parents never wanted me, and my ambitious breath never wanted me to be a teacher. Everything wanted me to be a doctor or an engineer. Towards the end of my schooling period, I decided wanted to be an engineer by erasing biology from my elective subject list. I appeared examination which was designed by another government (Indian). They designed questions not at per my level. Many of my class mates qualified for different vacancies and four from my class qualified for engineering.
I tried for twelve different vacancies and received twelve rejections. Finally, having no options left, I tried for teaching. I received warm acceptance.
 National Institute of Education wanted me to be a teacher only after I passed the entry interview.
I joined the teacher training institute as a raw, crude, jazzy looking boy. I completed my teacher becoming process four years later. I was awarded the teaching credential (B.Ed). I was then more like a teacher- more confident, more decent, older and wiser.
Thus, teaching was one profession where I ended up doing by default for the simple reason that I my college marks were not  very highly respected.
It did not take me long to realize that teaching could be a job, profession for such a spoilt brat. I realized that I was already a teacher by birth when I looked back at my performance checklist kept by my little brother and sisters at home. I taught them everything I knew.
Today, I see other jobs as serious, monotonous, and daunting and easy. Teaching is fun. Teaching is interesting. Teaching is adventurous. Teaching is for me. I am funny. I love fun. I love fun that helps learners grow physically, mentally and wisely. I am by default designed to be an educator.
PP'C' Image by Dema
So, that’s the answer for, “Why do I teach?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say, please